Let’s take Trinity GESE Grade 6 as an example ..
“The top elementary level.” (6 / 12)
A 10 minute, 1:1 interview with a Trinity examiner.
- Say hello and show your ID. Give the examiner a copy of your notes / mind map for the topic phase.
- Make eye contact with the examiner.
- Answer the examiner’s introductory questions.
- Listen to the examiner’s description of the exam.
(Up to) 5 minutes discussion on a topic chosen by the candidate.
- The examiner asks questions and makes comments on at least four points from the topic form to facilitate a spontaneous discussion.
- The candidate must ask the examiner at least one question.
- Pick a topic you are really interested in that is different from your classmates.
- Make sure you do your research and have lots of things to say about your topic.
- Make sure you know a wide range of vocabulary related to your topic.
- Ask questions to the examiner about your topic.
- Listen to the examiner’s questions carefully so that you make natural, appropriate contributions that incorporate language of the grade.
- Memorising / Recitation. You will not pass if you do this!
(Up to) 5 minutes conversation on 2 subject areas chosen by the examiner from the following list:
A 1:1 genuine exchange of information, ideas and opinions.
4. Thank you and goodbye