Vocabulary Expansion and Development
Using cross-curriculum subject-specific texts and other resources, you will learn and develop a number of different strategies and activities to support students in learning new vocabulary in a bi-lingual or multi-lingual environment.
In this session you will
- learn active strategies for vocabulary learning skills and lexical expansion.
- develop subject specific resources for your own teaching.
- select subject specific resources to actively direct students’ vocabulary learning.
- understand the important elements of English language vocabulary learning (spelling, pronunciation, organisation of lexical sets, etc).
- receive free resource templates to create specific vocabulary development activities.
Format: A review of vocabulary learning strategies and activities adaptable to chosen specific students and subject areas. Using models and templates, participants will develop resources and activities to support learners’ vocabulary learning and lexical expansion.
Participants: This session is for teachers of all subjects who want to support students in accessing and developing the lexical skills required to thrive in a multi-lingual or bi-lingual learning environment.